The Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) was established in 2011 as part of the National Health Reform Agreement.
At this time IHPA took over responsibility for the development and licensing of the following classifications:
- International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems, Tenth Revision, Australian Modification (ICD-10-AM)
- Australian Classification of Health Interventions (ACHI)
- Australian Coding Standards (ACS)
- Australian Refined Diagnosis Related Groups (AR-DRGs)
The Australian Consortium for Classification Development (ACCD) was contracted to manage the development of ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS from 2013 to 2019.
As of 1 July 2019 ICD-10-AM/ACHI/ACS development has been brought within IHPA.
There will be a transition period before full integration and updating of ACCD's website and Classification Information Portal (CLIP) occurs.
High level re-branding has occurred, however it will take time to fully update the website and portal and so you can expect to continue to see
references to ACCD during the transition period. Full integration is expected to occur by 1 September 2019.
While IHPA has re-named the CLIP to the Australian Classification Exchange (ACE),
the change is largely cosmetic with most of the functionality and information being retained.
Please register or update your ACE account details here.
Importantly users will be able to:
- Continue to complete Eleventh Edition education
- View published coding queries
- Submit queries (authorised users)
- Submit and view public submissions
Please direct enquiries to email@example.com.